Pet Grooming Gives Their Health (and Confidence) a Boost
While grooming can certainly improve your pet’s physical appearance, it can also do wonders for their health. At Companion Animal Hospital Mount Prospect, we take care of your pets--inside and out--with the help of our professional groomer and a clean, welcoming grooming facility.
(complete every visit)
(complete every 6 months)
Our Grooming Services
To help your pet stay squeaky clean, comfortable, and healthy, we offer these services:
- Full bath
- Brush out and blow dry
- Hair trims/shape ups
- Full haircut/breed-standard cut
- Fur dematting
- Nail trim
- Medicated bath (to treat pets with skin conditions)
- Ear cleaning/plucking
- Anal sac expression
Potential Health Benefits
Along with improving your pet’s hygiene, grooming is beneficial to your pet’s health in several ways:
- Minimizes shedding
- Prevents the buildup of dead skin cells, hair, dirt, oil, and bacteria
- Washes away irritants that can cause itching and skin damage
- Trimming nails prevents breakage, abnormal growth, and improves foot posture
- Prevents painful matting of the fur, which can become a breeding ground for bacteria and parasites
- Allows us to check for ticks and fleas, and prescribe treatment if any are found
Dogs and cats must be vaccinated and parasite-free before they visit our groomer. This is to ensure that our other visitors stay healthy, too.
- DHPP (distemper)
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- FVRCP (feline distemper/upper respiratory)
Ready to Request an Appointment?
If your pet is current on their vaccines and parasite control, call (847) 296-1188 to schedule their grooming appointment. Let us know if you would like to arrange for a consultation with our groomer or bring in your pet for a quick meet and greet.