Pet Surgery in Mount Prospect, IL
There’s nothing you and your four-legged best friend can’t face together, and surgery is no exception. Whether your pet needs surgery to fix an injury or help them recover from a serious disease, make Companion Animal Hospital Mount Prospect your first choice for safe, customized surgical services. Call (847) 296-1188 to learn more!
Safety is the First (and Most Important) Step
As a pet parent, it’s natural for you to be concerned about your pet’s safety. That’s why we make safety and pain management our highest priorities and follow a strict set of protocols before, during, and after every procedure.
- Before placing your pet under anesthesia, our team conducts a thorough exam and blood work to evaluate their condition and check for problems. This is an essential step for minimizing risk.
- Following the exam, we need to measure out the doses for the anesthesia, medications, and fluids your pet will be given during surgery to keep them stable and healthy.
Advanced Health Monitoring
- Once your pet is anesthetized, they will be connected to our state-of-the-art monitoring equipment. This equipment keeps tabs on their vital signs and lets us know if we need to adjust your pet’s anesthesia. A technician keeps a close watch to make sure your pet’s heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and temperature are all normal.
- All patients are kept warm during surgery, since being under anesthesia causes the body temperature to drop.
Available Surgical Services
Our veterinarians can perform a variety of surgeries for acute, chronic, and emergency cases. Some of these include:
- Spays and neuters
- Tumor removals (eye, ear, and skin)
- Bladder stone removal
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- Skin tag removal
- Wound treatment and repair
- ACL repair
- Cherry eye correction
Let’s Talk About Your Concerns
If you have additional questions before your pet’s appointment or want to meet with us to plan their procedure, give us a call at (847) 296-1188. We look forward to giving you peace of mind and helping you anticipate what to expect in the days following your pet’s surgery.