CAT AND DOG TEETH CLEANING SERVICES IN MOUNT PROSPECT, IL
While your pet may not need to impress anyone with sparkling teeth and fresh breath, dental care is just as necessary for their health as it is for yours. At Companion Animal Hospital, we offer pet teeth cleaning in Mount Prospect, IL and take pride in offering comprehensive cat and dog teeth cleaning procedures to prevent dental disease and raise the quality of life for many pets. Call (847) 296-1188 to schedule an appointment for your pet!
THE DANGERS OF POOR ORAL HYGIENE
Without dental care, your pet will be prone to bad breath, tooth decay, chronic oral pain, and dental disease. Dental disease is a serious concern because it can result in tooth loss as well as heart, liver, or kidney disease.
SERVICES THAT CAN HELP
Our team offers a full range of professional cat and dog teeth cleaning services for treating and preventing dental disease. Integrating these into a long-term plan all but ensures that your pet will remain dental disease-free.
Our services for maximizing oral health and overall quality of life include:
- A thorough exam and blood work to evaluate your pet’s health before putting them under general anesthesia for their dental procedure
- Conducting a complete periodontal exam with full-mouth digital X-rays while your pet is sedated to look for hidden damage within the teeth and below the gum line
- Charting our findings so we have a complete dental health profile on your pet
- Extracting any decayed or broken teeth as necessary
- Scaling the teeth to remove hardened tartar and bacteria that accumulated above and below the gum line, then polishing the enamel surface to slow future plaque buildup
HOW TO RECOGNIZE DENTAL DISEASE
Only a complete oral exam will show if your pet has dental disease, but you can look for the warning signs, which may include:
- Noticeably bad breath
- Teeth covered in brown/yellow tartar
- Gums that are red and swollen
- Difficulty eating/holding onto food
- Decreased activity, sleeping more often
- Excessive drooling
- Rubbing or pawing at the face/mouth
- Swelling around the muzzle or below the eyes
- Bloody saliva
PROVIDE AT-HOME CAT OR DOG TEETH CLEANINGS
The best way to supplement your pet’s dental cleanings at our hospital is to commit to a daily routine. Make pet dental care a habit! If possible, try brushing your pet’s teeth (either with a toothbrush or finger brush) daily and feed them tartar control food and treats. We also offer dental chews to help combat plaque and tartar buildup. The key is to find a method that works.
CONTACT COMPANION MOUNT PROSPECT
If you need help, call us at (847) 296-1188!
Come See Us
2010 E. Camp McDonald Rd,
Mount Prospect, IL 60056